Congatec introduced a Linux-ready “Conga-PA7” Pico-ITX SBC with Intel’s new Atom x6000E SoCs with as much as 16GB LPDDR4-4267 and 512GB UFS 2.Zero flash, triple 4K show assist, 2x GbE with TSN and OOB, and 2x USB 3.1.
Congatec has introduced an SBC and 4 SMARC, Qseven, COM Categorical compute modules based mostly on Intel’s new Elkhart Lake Atom x6000E, Pentium, and Celeron system-on-chips. The German embedded vendor additionally unveiled a dozen Tiger Lake boards, becoming a member of its beforehand introduced Conga-TC570 and Conga-HPC/cTLU Tiger Lake modules. We are going to cowl these in separate studies and can focus right here on the Pico-ITX form-factor Conga-PA7 SBC.
Conga-PA7 render photographs with shoreline ports (left) and PCB solely
(click on photographs to enlarge)
Like many distributors, Congatec has ignored Intel’s most up-to-date 14nm-fabricated Gemini Lake and Gemini Lake Refresh era, going straight from the 14nm Apollo Lake loaded on its Conga-PA5 Pico-ITX to the Elkhart Lake based mostly Conga-PA7.
Elkhart Lake is constructed round Tremont cores fabricated with Intel’s 10nm SuperFin expertise, which has similarities to that discovered on Willow Cove cores used on the 11th Gen Tiger Lake Core CPUs. Intel claims as much as 1.7x higher single-thread, 1.5x higher multi-thread, and 2x higher graphics efficiency in comparison with the 14nm Goldmont Plus based mostly Gemini Lake.
The twin- and quad-core Elkhart Lake SoCs contains 8x Atom x6000E, 2x Pentium, and 2x Celeron fashions. The processors function as much as 32EU Intel Gen11 graphics, with triple 4K show assist and higher potential for AI duties.
Elkhart Lake has added embedded-focused options beginning with an Intel Programmable Providers Engine (Intel PSE) constructed round a real-time Cortex-M7 core. Intel PSE assist features corresponding to superior energy administration and distant out-of-band (OOB) and in-band (INB) gadget administration (For extra particulars, see our Elkhart Lake report.)
Intel’s Elkhart Lake lineup (left) and Conga-PA7 block diagram
(click on photographs to enlarge)
The Conga-PA7 helps all of the Atom fashions besides the 2 “FE” variations of the Atom x6000E, which provide Intel Security Island practical security (FuSa) options. The Atom choices are led by a quad-core, 1.8GHz/3.0GHz Atom x6425E with 32EU 500MHz/750MHz graphics and a 12W TDP. The board additionally helps the quad-core Pentium J6425 and Celeron J6413.
The Conga-PA7 doesn’t exploit Elkhart Lake’s assist for as much as 64GB RAM, limiting the board to 16GB LPDDR4 by way of 4x slots. Nevertheless it does provide the sooner, as much as 4,267 MT/s RAM. The SBC makes use of the platform’s assist for twin UFS 2.1 flash sockets, enabling as much as 64GB, which might optionally increase to 512GB. UFS 2.x gives “considerably increased bandwidth, sooner knowledge processing and higher storage capacities” than eMMC, says Congatec.
The twin GbE ports assist TSN, TCC, and OOB, and are accompanied by twin real-time triggers. Intel’s Elkhart Lake announcement advised that TSN and TCC have been restricted to the 3x “RE” fashions, however Congatec makes no such distinction right here.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Triple simultaneous shows are enabled by way of DP++, DP by way of USB Kind-C, and LVDS, which will be swapped out for both eDP or MIPI-DSI. With eDP, you’ll be able to run triple simultaneous 4K shows, which had beforehand been past the capabilities of Atom chips.
The Conga-PA7 is additional geared up with 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports plus inside I/O together with a pair every of USB 2.Zero and RS232/422/485 headers and optionally available twin CAN. Enlargement is enabled by way of SATA-ready M.2 B-key and wireless-ready M.2 E-key slots.
The 100 x 72mm SBC offers TPM 2.0, embedded BIOS options, and the Congatec Board Controller. Business and industrial temperature fashions can be found.
Specs listed for the Conga-PA7 embody:
- Processor — Atom x6000E and FE plus Pentium and Celeron (2x or 4x 10nm Elkhart Lake cores @ as much as 1.8GHz/3.0GHz; Intel UHD Graphics (Intel Gen11) as much as 32EU; built-in Cortex-M7
- As much as 16GB LPDDR4 @ as much as 4,267 MT/s by way of 4x SODIMMs
- As much as 64GB (optionally available as much as 512GB) UFS 2.1 flash
- SATA optionally obtainable by way of M.2 B-key (see growth)
- Networking — 2x GbE ports with TSN and OOB; 2x real-time set off
- Media I/O:
- DisplayPort by way of USB Kind C twin mode
- LVDS (18/24-bit) or optionally available eDP or MIPI-DSI
- Backlight energy connector (5V/12V)
- Triple 4K show assist
- Audio connector (Intel LPE Audio by way of I2S) with HP/line-out, mic-in, and optionally available DMIC
- Different I/O:
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (10Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Kind-C ports with twin mode (energy and DP)
- 2x USB 2.0
- 2x RS232/422/485
- 3x function connectors
- Fan connector with PWM
- 2x optionally available CAN
- M.2 B-key 2280 slot (2x PCIe/SATA/USB 2.0)
- M.2 E-key slot (1x PCIe/USB 2.0)
- Different options — TPM 2.0; Congatec Board Controller with watchdog; embedded BIOS options; RTC; optionally available heatspreaders and passive coolers
- Energy — 12VDC jack; ACPI 5.Zero and sensible battery administration
- Working temperature — Zero to 60°C or -40 to 85°C; 10 to 90% non-condensing relative humidity tolerance
- Dimensions — 100 x 72mm; Pico-ITX type issue
- Working system — Linux, Yocto, Android; Home windows 10, Win 10 Iot Enterprise; Win 10 IoT Core; RTS hypervisor
No pricing or availability data was supplied for the Conga-PA7. Extra data could also be present in Congatec’s announcement and product web page.
pico-apl3,pico apl3 a10,pico bt01 a11 0002,pico bsw1,pico-apl4,intel atom e3900